Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Trip to Utah

We were lucky enough to be able to go to Utah for Christmas this year. My mom had a little party with all my sisters and I and our families the day after we arrived. We also had family pictures taken, but I haven't received them yet. I'll post some when I get them.

Here are Jessica, Mark, Frank and my dad anxiously awaiting the re-enactment of the Nativity.



The whole crew...Addie and Ladd decided not to particpate and my brother-in-law Doug begged to be Joseph, so the numbers worked out perfectly.

Then we sang some carols.


After a few days with my parents we drove down to Spanish Fork to see Dave's parents. Grandma and Grandpa took Addie to Build-A-Bear!


She had a blast playing in the snow. Thank goodness for older cousins who had warm snow clothes for her to borrow.



Who needs a hill when Grandpa will push us down the driveway?






Christmas Morning


All of Dave's siblings were somewhere else this year, so it was just us with his parents and Mimi. It was quiet, but really nice. Addison was spoiled by Grandma and Grandpa.



Dave and I are her parents, so she will have to learn to save and budget money. You can never learn too early. She got her first piggy bank.




Four Generations

Later Christmas Day we drove to my sister Rachel's house in Heber for some snowmobiling. It turned out to be a really stormy day and super cold, so no one wanted to even go outside. We ended up staying in and eating soup. The guys played Dance Dance Revolution and I'm proud to report that Dave's clogging lessons at Rick's College paid off. He had the high score. We also played Celestial Mates with all the couples, which was more fun than I expected. I'm so glad I got to see my family a little bit more before we had to go home. I apparently am too relaxed and busy talking when with my family because I took almost no pictures with them.

Addison playing the Wii (but not really). She had so much fun with Savannah. She kept talking about her for at least a week after we got back.

Grandma and Grandpa reading to Addie our last night in Utah.

So that was our trip. I threw in this last picture because I've been pretty impressed with how good Addison has been at playing by herself since we've been back. Maybe she's finally learning to play on her own a bit. I found her like this a few days ago. I think she was telling her animals stories, probably about our trip.

5 comments:

Kearl said...

That's it. You and Auger both have big old spankings coming your way next time I see you -- that is IF you ever call me when you are here, so I can see you. (don't worry, I'll only hate you for a little bit, I understand that you have tons of family to visit)

Anna said...

Hi Carly and Dave, I've been checking your blog regularly since we moved and it's been so nice to still "see" you. I have finally started that blog we talked about our last visit. Rob made me. You can check it out sometime: http://annalogue.tumblr.com

Take care. Love you.

Labrum Family said...

I am still laughing at the comment about Doug begging to be Joseph!

Brandi Jo said...

Looks like you all had a Merry Christmas! I hope all is well. We already miss everyone there!

Labrum Family said...

carly it is time to update your blog. It has been a month and a half since your last post. I want to see pictures of your new house!!