Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Magic Mountain

This last weekend Dave's mom agreed to come watch Addison so Dave and I could get away by ourselves. We met our old neighbors, Ginger and Gregg in Los Angeles for a little fun. We also decided to count this as our anniversary celebration. Our anniversary was at the end of August and we were so busy so we decided to celebrate with this little trip.
We left on Thursday evening and drove to our hotel outside LA. On Friday morning we drove to Oxnard and spent the rest of the morning at the beach (way too cold to wear swim suits, let alone to get in) and visiting with Ginger and Gregg. Then we went to the taping of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. We had a lot of fun seeing all that goes into taping the show. On Saturday we went to Magic Mountain, the main reason for the trip. I had been sick with a cold for about a week by this time but as long as I kept taking Advil, I did just fine. I'm afraid Lagoon in Utah just isn't going to cut it anymore when it comes to thrill rides. Magic Mountain has some pretty amazing ones.
Do we look exhausted in this picture? We should. It was a really long day at the park, but we had a ton of fun. (This is Dave) For those who may have noticed the item around my waist, It is not a fanny pack! It is what I affectionately call a "man bag". Enabling me to carry all of the essential items without losing any of my masculinity.

Thanks Gregg and Ginger for inviting us on your trip! We had so much fun and really miss our old neighbors. When are you moving back?
Also thanks to Dave's mom (or Dra, as Addison calls her) for taking such good care of Addison. She had so much fun playing with her grandma. I think she might prefer her to me, now.

15 comments:

hillari said...

I'm jealous, that looks like so much fun!

Labrum Family said...

I'm glad you had fun. So you didn't throw up right?

daherfamily said...

it looks like you had so much fun. it is so great to get away for a few days!

Kearl said...

Is Dave wearing a fanny pack? I don't see any other straps, but one around the waist, please tell me it's not a fanny pack.

Alayna said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Gertge Family said...

What a fun trip! There's nothing quite like a little kid-less vacay to re energize you!

I love the beach picture with you on your tippy toes......that's me in EVERY picture!
Cute!

Cameron and Shannon said...

When you stop going on fun vacations all the time will you let me know. It is very depression reading all of your exciting trips while we are painting our house in utah...how rude.

Brandi Jo said...

How FUN! I just made my blog private. Send me an email and I'll send you an invite: bambiejojo@cox.net

The Dominguez Family said...

How fun! Me and just Carlos went last year for my birhtday. So what was your favorite/scariest ride?

Jenni and Eric said...

That looks like a lot of fun,but I am not sure that isn't a fanny pack?!? I will have to get Eric's opinion...

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

I'm glad Dave clarified about the Man Bag...I was a little worried :) Glad you guys had a great time!

Merianne said...

What a fun trip! I love California, we're actually on our way to San Diego tomorrow for a family vacation. I'm looking forward to it.

Lynnie sent me an email and said that she doesn't have access to your blog and wants to be able to view it. Her email is genhos@gmail.com and I'm sure she'd love an invite!

Ginger and Gregg said...

We had so much fun with you guys!!! We will have to do another vacation together. Oh and for some reason you can't tell that Dave's "man bag" is bright purple with neon pink stripes. Haha!

The Reeses said...

Dave,

"Man bag," I mean c'mon, next you're going to be wearing sandles with socks, and 1.99 sunglasses. And why did you wear the black FANNY PACK instead of the lovely pink FANNY PACK you have at home.?

Scott

The West Family said...

We knew there was something about this guy. Just couldn't put our finger on it. Just kidding! Looking good. Glad you all had a great time.